• St. Patrick’s Day Parade - March 17
Celebrate Irish heritage with the grand parade,
great food, prizes and Irish beer.
www.tractorbarwv.com, Like us on Facebook
• Feast of the Ramson - April 21
Celebrates wild, incredible and edible ramps!
Food, music, arts and crafts show, ramp dinner.
• Gather in the Garden - May - August
Free concerts in the Sterling Spencer Sculpture
Garden, Main St., Richwood, 7-9:00pm. Music,
food, and fun for the family.
• Music in the Mountains Bluegrass- Festival June 20-23
Annual festival of Bluegrass Music offers the best of the best
with over 40 performers. Camping, food, and vendors are available
on the grounds.
• WV Quilt Festival - June 21-23
Held every year at the Summersville Arena &
Conference Center. You won’t want to miss seeing
the finest quilts in the region! Vendors and classes
throughout the entire festival. Concessions also
• Fourth of July Fireworks
Held every year at Northside. Sponsored by the City of
Summersville and the Summersville Convention &
• Scenic Mountain Triathlon - July 8
Swim, run, and bike in the Monongahela
National Forest near Richwood.
• Nicholas County Fair - July 12-14
Amusement rides, food, entertainment, games and
activities. Held at the Nicholas County Veterans
• Cherry River Festival Richwood - July 29 - Aug 4
Parades, food, games, 5K Run/Walk, 10K Run
• Summersville Lake Retreat Lighthouse Festival - August 25
Lots of vendors, food, entertainment, door prizes and more.
Climb the lighthouse for a beautiful view of Summersville Lake.
• Sewell Mountain Sailing Association Mountain Mama Hospice Regatta - TBA
Racing, good food, music, prizes and raffles. www.smsawv.org
• Wally’s Squadron R/C Fly In - August 15-18
Butler Field; Phillips Run Rd. North of Summersville.
Remote controlled Model aircraft of all types Vendors, Raffles.
• Hardman’s Hardware Day - TBA
Entertainment, Corn mill grinding, hot dogs and drinks,
old time fun and games.
• Nicholas County Potato Festival - September 7- 8
In downtown Summersville. Celebrate friends, fun, neighbors
and potatoes. Plenty of games, entertainment, amusement rides,
pet pageant, mashed potato, tater tot and hot wing eating
contests, potato decorating, food, craft vendors, Grand Parade,
tractor and car shows, 5K race, spud hunt and sack race, potato
exhibit and auction. Firemen’s Parade and Potato Idol Contest.
• National Grandparents Day Celebration - Sept. 9
Held in Richwood, many of the 15 McQuade children return
every year to the town where they were raised to celebrate
with us. Marion McQuade founded the day to celebrate grandparents.
• Grape Stompin’ Festival September 15-16
Sponsored by Kirkwood Winery. Entertainment,
wine tasting and tours, food, games and activities.
Special grape stomping contest.
• Gauley Fest September - 13-16
Sponsored by the American Whitewater Association, this festival
celebrates white water rafting. Activities include entertainment,
vendors, food and high adventure on the Gauley River.
Held at the Nicholas County Veterans Memorial Park
• Craigsville Fall Festival - September 17-22
Parades, arts and crafts, food, entertainment,
Queen’s Pageant, Children’s Pageant and more
• Mountain Color Art Show - October 7-13
Local artists and artists from across the state enter their artwork which
is exhibited in Richwood City Hall Auditorium for the entire week, from
the opening reception to the Heritage Day at the end of the week.
• Mountain Heritage Day – Saturday after the Art Show
Artists and Crafters demonstrate their craft at Richwood City Hall parking lot.
• Holiday Extravaganza - November 17
Summersville Arena & Conference Center Huge craft show
extravaganza with over 100 craft vendors.
Richwood Hometown Holiday Marketplace – Dec. 8
Over 45 vendors set up pop up shops in the storefronts
of Main Street, at City Hall Auditorium and the Richwood
Public Library, from 10-3. Visit with Santa at the Library from 1-3.